Sunday, July 31, 2011

Graduate Confessions: Love Story Part II


     Early on in junior year, Charles and I talked more, flirted more, and our innocent friendship became a dangerous romance. I felt terrible about how much I liked him. I was cheated on before, it is the worst feeling. Especially when you find out, and the guy or other people involved have no intentions of telling you.



     I go to my mom for everything. She met Charles before at my birthday party, but didn’t remember him. I talked about this guy every night to her. She was the best person to talk to. My mom and me were talking about relationships in general. She told me, “At your age, boys and girls aren’t meant to be in committed relationships, just date people.”

Ironically that night Charles asked me if I would be girlfriend number 2! I told him,” I won’t go out with out. But we can test the water.” He responded “So TECHNICALLY you’re my girlfriend!” 



     Charles and I didn’t kiss or anything, just exchanged flirty text messages.

One day I get a call from Mickela. She was pissed. Charles told her everything… I was very confused of why. He had this thing that maybe if he told her everything would be okay… WRONG!!! I explained to her that he asked me out. I told her what my mother told me about teenagers and dating, and assured her that we never even been on a date, or kissed.

She wasn’t happy, but she did understand.



     It wasn’t for another few months that she called me up again mad. A few months before my 17th birthday. Him and I wanted to hang out, and she said she didn’t trust us. Which I totally understand. I told her that I told him to invite her along, and we could go out with a group of friends.



     I wanted so bad out of this emotional relationship with Charles. But he wasn’t letting go. Emotionally neither was I. Charles wasn’t making this our low-key relationship very low. So we wouldn’t talk much or even look at each other during the school day.  We only had a few moments together in the morning, it was then when he and I first kissed. AGAINST MY WILL I MIGHT ADD!!!



     I got a phone call a few weeks later. Charles once again told her everything. It was more to tell this time though. I told her the truth. I like him, and I wanted to be with him. Of course she was upset, and he was silent. The situation could have turned violent, if he didn’t tell me, while all of us were on the phone, that he rather stay with her. I wasn’t happy. When I think back on it I acted rather childish to them both. Charles tried to keep the flame going, but I wasn’t going. Him and I would get into arguments, and the first one since the conversation ended with him calling me a bitch. I was hurt more. After that we normally would get into arguments, going back and forth yelling at each other calling each other bitches.



     January 21, 2010, I got a text message from him saying. “We can finally be together now.” I was so confused. He explained to me he broke up with her. Then he asked me out. I said yes! We didn’t want to make it known so soon though. I would stay at school late. Charles would walk me to the bus stop. My favorite memory of the old days of Charles and I relationship, was when he was walking be to the bus, and he left. Then he ran back, and he looked me in the eyes. And told me he loved me. (I saw Jonas Brothers Live. Their song “WHEN YOU LOOK ME IN THE EYES” reminds me of this moment every time I hear it!) I will never forget that moment. Mickela, walked around the school depressed. I knew why... and I felt like it was my fault. She wanted to talk to him, one day before class. I told him to hurry up and tell me how it went.

Right before I walked into my first period class. His face was indescribable. “So how did it go?” I asked him. “I got back together with her.” He said.

I put my head down, and went into the class room. I was disappointed; I didn’t know what to do.



     We continued to mess around though. We got together again in February like the first time it lasted briefly.



     My 17th birthday, in March. They were throwing a party. Charles and I were both going. I’m not sure about him, but I wish I could have spent it with him. It was the first year I wasn’t having a birthday party. But it was the day before spring break, and the school was throwing a party.

Charles and I danced up until his girlfriend got there.

I felt like he was to close to me, and disrespecting his girlfriend. He had no clue how happy he made her. For him to just do it in her face was so wrong. I told him not to talk to me again. He walked away. It was hard to see him go like that. He had no clue, how happy he made me.



     When I got home, I called him and told him sorry if I ruined his birthday. He told me about the conversation that happened in the car on the way of dropping his girlfriend off. It wasn’t pretty, and had my name all over it.



    

I told my mom about the situation and she hated me for it. My parents told me that karma would come back for me. I laughed. I told them, that this isn’t something I could be punished for, so I didn’t care. The next day I text Charles in the morning. Telling him how happy I was, we were back together. I went out with my sister. I was wondering why he wasn’t talking to me much.



     I got home did the laundry. And went to sleep. I woke up to an angry message from Mickela threatening my life. I called the number back, which was his.

They were still together. And she was right I was a bitch. But I didn’t know they were still together.



      I was mad at him but I wanted to live more than anything. I talked to my step dad. He said just try to call the girl and reason with her. I begged him not to tell my mom who was pretending to sleep, but listening in the other room.



    The next morning, my mom searched every where trying to get Mickela’s number so she could fight me. I didn’t want to fight her. My mom talked to Mickela’s mom and I cried my ass off apologizing. I didn’t want to fight her. I didn’t want to hurt her. Being cheated on, is the worst feeling in the world. We both were played!

No comments:

Post a Comment